This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how we use your data.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us at [email protected]
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
2. The legal bases that we rely on for data processing
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters. When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you make an order on our website, we’ll collect your details such as email address to deliver your purchase.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting your use of our website to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
3. When do we collect your data
* When you visit our website
* When you create and account with us
* When you engage with us on social media.
* When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
4. What personal data do we collect?
User-provided Information. When you use a service on the website, you may provide, and we may collect Personal Data. Examples of Personal Data include name, email address, address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information.
“Automatically Collected" Information. When you visit our website, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including cookies. This “automatically collected" information may include IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using the website, the pages or other content a visitor views or interacts with on the website, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of the website.
5. How are why do we use your personal data?
We use your data for the following purposes:
- To process any orders that you make by using our websites, apps or in store. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
- To help us form a better, overall understanding of you as a customer, we use your personal data to bring you offers and promotions that are most relevant to your interests at particular times.
6. How do we protect your data?
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. Access by you to your personal information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology. We also do not collect any special categories of data directly on our website and work with trusted partners to collect sensitive information such as credit card numbers or paypal account details.
In addition, your personal information resides on a server that only selected TypeTogether personnel may access via password.
Transactions are processed by PayPal, where all supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
7. How long will we keep your data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as long as legally mandated.
8. Who do we share your personal data with?
As a matter of practices we do not share any personal data collected by us with third parties. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested. We employ the services of third party services for marketing and advertising and they have limited access to your data. Please see the Cookies policy for details on this.
We may disclose your data or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a facially valid court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
We also reserve the right to disclose your data or other information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of our service and any facilities or equipment used to make the service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights, enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
9. Where your personal data may be processed?
Sometimes we will need to share your personal data with third parties and suppliers outside the European Economic Area (EEA). However, we share information for processing only with partners in countries with adequate level of data protection as per EU law.
10. What are your rights over your data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows by writing to [email protected]
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
11. Contacting us.
Korunní 810/104, Blok F
101 00 Praha 10, Vinohrady
12. Contacting the regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the The Office for Personal Data Protection. The contact details of the office are provided below.
+420 234 665 111
+420 234 665 555
+420 234 665 444
The Office for Personal Data Protection
Pplk. Sochora 27
170 00 Praha 7
TypeTogether is an indie type foundry committed to excellence in type design with a focus on editorial use. Additionally, TypeTogether creates custom type design for corporate use. We invite you to browse our library of retail fonts or contact us to discuss custom type design projects.